implanted Device

Sat May 1 20:28:31 2010

ender: scilingor@yahoo.com (Rob) Subject: Implanted Device

Hello All,

I am getting ready to have the implanted stimulator put in (don't know the technical name). My pain doctor has been pushing it for years. I think he was getting irritated with me that I did not at least want to do the four day trial. It is being installed for consistent nerve dammage that was caused by scar tissue from my hernia surgery years ago. There are two ways he can go with it, in near the hernia and in the spine. I am terrified of putting anything near my spine. Have any of you had this done and was there any success to it?

I am thinking it is not going to work considering we tried a tens unit a couple of years ago and it did absolutely nothing.

If this does not work, another surgery is scheduled by my surgeon up at UCSF (he is a fantastic doctor).

Anyway, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I also suffer from bowel abstructions due to adhesions but that is an entirely different story for a different day....

For now, I just need to know what to expect. I am a 42 year old male and have posted many times on this site...

Take care my friends,

Rob

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: