Food Fear

Fri May 14 19:54:10 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Joanna Rice Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 12:39 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Food Fear

Yes, i do fear food. If I eat anything outside of my normal daily food i get sick. Also, going out to eat makes me sick. It makes it had to go out to eat with people, because they don't understand the issues. You don't want to explain the problems that come with adhesions and food. It is a very personal thing. It can be a very isolateing thing.

I always have phenergan and tramadol in my purse. I always know where the bathrooms are. I try to look up the menu before I go somewhere so I know there is something there I can eat.

I drink alot of smoothies as meals. I know what upsets my stomach and makes me feel bad. I don't eat salads, high fiber, raw veggies, etc.

I do steam my veggies, absorbes better and is broken down easier. I only intake up to 3 grams of fiber per food or snack. If I take anymore then I will be sick or going to bathroom. I also juice alot!!! it helps with the malabsorption.

Even when I go on vacation it gets really bad. I am eating foods I normally don't eat. I have ended up in the hospital just because i went on vacation. Being in a car on a long trip messes me up too. I now have to take alot of breaks or I will be in so much pain.

I hope that this helps,

Jo

> Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:49:30 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Food Fear
>
> Sender: kimberlyecanonico@hotmail.com (Kimberly)
> Subject: Food Fear
>
> I was just wondering if anyone else with adhesions suffers from food
> fear(because it hurts to eat) and malabsorption(food coming out
> undigested)? Thanks.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: