Re: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Tue Jun 15 22:41:56 2010

Hi! Yes, I have tried it. It did not work on the abdomen at all for me. We tried adjusting it several times. No luck. That was my previous doctor. My present doctor (who walks on water as far as I'm concerned!) stated that these devices work beautifully on lower back pain but aren't meant for abdominal pain and do not work on it.

But that is only one person's experience. Your could and hopefully will be different. Has your doctor successfully used this in the past for other patients? I'd ask if you don't know. The implantation is not unpleasant. You're relaxed but not knocked out. Just a little sore afterward but not bad.

If I were you, I'd try it. What do you have to lose? If it doesn't work, well you're no worse off. If it does, we'll come to the party! I hope it does.

Let us know what happens!

--
Sara

At Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Kim wrote: > >Does anyone have this device? > >The pain doctor I am seeing suggested I get this spiinal cord >stimulation device. The doc does surgery to implant leads and an >implantable pulse genoratoon on next to the spine. Then you have a >remote to control the impulses. So I guess it is like a tens unit that >goes on your spine. I am really scared and just wanted to know if >anyone else has ever tried this. > >I have tried so many different pain meds and therapies. I have all >ready had 11 surgeries. All of the doctors I go to tell me not to have >any more surgeries. I feel so despirate for some relief from this pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: