Another Partial Obstruction

Mon Jun 21 23:36:22 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of katelyn opalenik Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:43 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Another Partial Obstruction

Angela,   I hear u loud and clear. Just got out of the hospital myself, same problem as you. My bowel also quits functioning when I get my period, so thats one straight week in the hospital. On top of that, part of my colon is dead and needs removed, due to a DOCTORS error. I am full of adhesions, and can get no one to operate, to risky. I need an ostomy, but until i am at deaths door, cant get one. Also allergic to sulfa, iv dye, and have been diagnosed with adhesive disease. I've got the health coverage, but cant get anyone to fix me. I feel ur frustration.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:48 PM, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: alegna2017@aol.com (angela) Subject: Another Partial Obstruction

I really need to vent, I have been having partial obstructions on & off for the last 6 weeks or so but the pain became unbearable last week.I was hospitalized for 5 days given IV fluids, pain meds & bowel rest(nothing by mouth).  Once again, the Physicians will not admit adhesions are the cause of the bowel obstructions or for the kinking & dilation of my intestines.I was diagnosed with adhesions over 20 years ago because of a ruptured appendix. I am uninsured & literally sinking in medical debt.I have not worked in over a year because of this disease & have applied for SSDI but have to appeal the denial decision.I have contacted a facility in Florida but because I am uninsured the facility is expecting me to pay $50,000.00 that does not include physician,anesthesiologist,misc fees only the actual hospital fees & the facility will not accept any payment arrangements.So,it appears only those who are fortunate to financially be able to afford medical care should be allowed treatment at this prestigious facility known for effective treatment of ARD & prevent further regrowth of adhesions!I by no means expect free care but I expect the right to be able to have payment arrangements.All I want is to be well again, pain free,debt free,return back to my previous profession.  I am not asking for any more or less that is my American right.Why is it that physicians will give their time & free specialized services to treat those who live in other countries? There are those of us who need medical care & treatment right here in the USA!!!!!! Why isn't ARD reconized as a true medical illness that ravocs hell on ones body? I just know that I am in need of help!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: