Adhesions Disability

Fri Jul 2 20:53:17 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 1:42 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesions Disability

Hi Ginger, I am on SSD. I applied once, was denied, had to hire an attorney,

then won the case. On top of adhesions I have, IBS, Gastroparesis. I was told by my attorney that did help my case is that one time I told my Dr. I don't want to be this way, live my life this way. "I want to work" The Judge asked me a few questions, it was not in person, he was in Portland, and I am in Salem, Or. It was done by Tele Prompter (?) He asked me just a few questions my age, what happened when I did work ( as far as pain) I also felt very guilty that I wasn't being a team player at work, I missed a lot of days. I worked for DMV. I had to quit giving drive tests, Motorcycle tests, My Gastro had me very limited on what I could do as far as sitting, standing, walking, lifting etc I did the books every day, and then dealer work.

I still had such a hard time trying to do it and I was also starting to get comments from other employees. They were jealous that I only had to do a few things even though I also did all of the ordering, and inventory for plates etc. Everyone wanted their chance at doing the books since it was a nice break from the front counter. I just couldn't do any of it anymore. I quit once in 2004, went to Germany, had surgeries for adhesions, did well, got my old job back 10 July 2005, had my gallbladder removed, the monsters returned with a vengeance, and quit again in 2007. Went to my SSD hearing in Dec. 2007. Started benefits 01/2008, and just got ins. 12/2009. It isn't a lot of money. Not close to what I used to make, but..it is better than nothing! (I don't know what I just did to change my font??) There are a lot of helpful hints at this website too Adhesions.org try to make sure that your Dr. writes down that you are missing a lot of work, quit work, how your job affects you being able to work.

If I sit at one place longer that 2 hours I am in a full blown episode curling into a ball and sobbing. Also it is VERY dangerous to drive under the influence of narcotics. I did keep trying to work, the judge was able to see that I did try. Good Luck Ginger, call Social Security, and ask them to send you the paperwork to get it started. Keep me posted. Cheryl

> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Adhesions Disability
>
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > Ginger Clark
> Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:24 PM
> To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
> Subject: no subject received Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:22:10 -0500
>
> Has anyone been able to receive disability from adhesions issues???
> Thank you, Ginger
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: