Another doctor down in Tucson...

Sun Mar 6 17:59:21 2011

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Brady Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:29 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Another doctor down in Tucson...

Dear Brandy, I am so glad I checked my email today. I live in Lake Havasu city. I think were 5 hours from tucson. I know were 3 hours from pheonix. I have an amazing Doctor here. his name is Dr. Nelson. he is my ob, and the only Dr. who ever believed me about the pain. I have a long story of doctors telling me I wasn't in pain eaither. I know how hard that is, and also dealing with pain all the time because I try my hardest not to take pain pills because my mom is addicted to them (also from adhession pain for 20 years before large bowl blockage and removal) So you have good reason to not want to take medicine all the time. It caused her intesties to litterally rot in places like ulcers from too much medication. I worry about that, and instead live in pain. I believe I can do it for a while longer now before I have to have a hystorectomy. Dr. Nelson is a great physician he actually cares!!!!!!!!!!! truely. and will give you surgery if you need it, but does not like to preform un neccessary procedures. i had to have a laparoscopy first before ovarian cyst, tube, and left ovary were removed back in 2009. I found it a very hard recovery, however the majority of the pain was gone for about a year. then this year It's been becomming more and more consistant, so I went yesterday and he told me that my uterus is prolapsed and stuck to left pelvic floor and bowels and bladder. tmi i know,.....I just hope that by telling you about him you find hope and do come and see him and have surgury if need be, but also weigh the options.......I just read a different email about massage calle Myofascial Release. I'm going to look into that, and find out more information about adhession barriers and any cutting edge tecnology available. I hope this helps you!!!!! and i would love to hear back from you. Good luck and God Bless You and give you strength.    sincerly Jennifer

Dr. Nelson 928-855-4128 Lake Havasu City

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM, IAS Admin <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: brandybock@rocketmail.com (Brandy) Subject: Another doctor down in Tucson...

I have been dealing with adhesions for about three years.  The first time they found them, they had completely fused all my abdominal organs together, including my ovaries.  I already beat cervical cancer and they had taken my uterus.  They removed the adhesions, and the large cyst that had grown in one of my ovaries.  They took the ovaries too.  I was then thrown into menopause at 36 and was unable to take hormones due to a pulmonary embolism that I was diagnosed with two years prior.  Three months after the adhesion surgery I went back and had another cyst removed.  There had been fallopian tube cells left in me and a cyst had grown.  Just three months later, the adhesions had already taken over my colon.  The surgeon removed everything and placed Seprafilm in me.  I had been pain free for almost a year.  I went into the hospital a couple of weeks ago only to be faced with three surgeons that just got out of medical school that told me that the pain I was complaining of was not possible.  They said that most doctors don't believe that adhesions cause pain.  They were backed up by the gastroenterologist that told me that he agreed with the surgeon's and that until I had a full obstruction they would not do anything.  I just went to a new primary care physician that told me that my pain was not real again today.  The hospital sent me home with Percocet and I do not know what I am going to do when that is out.  I am already tired of being treated like a drug addict.  I don't know where to turn.  I am in Tucson, Arizona.  Does anyone know of a doctor here that actually knows the truth about adhesions and the real pain that they cause???? I am desperate.

--
Thank you,
Brandy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: