Re: Celebrex preventing adhesions

From: bradyjm3551@mccmail.mohave.edu ("bradyjm3551@mccmail.mohave.edu")
Tue Apr 19 22:42:29 2011

I also agree with nasids being daogerous. I took naproxin for two years and still have ulcers and stomach issues five years later. -----Original Message----- Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:12:03 am To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> From: "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: Celebrex preventing adhesions From: ogalep@comcast.net (DonnaG) Subject: Re: Celebrex preventing adhesions

When Celebrex was getting ready for market, the big news was that it was a high performing anti-inflammatory without many side effects other than stomach discomfort. I believe this was before Naprosyn was approved for over the counter use as Aleve, another pain reliever. Naprosyn helped me with pain and inflammation, Aleve helps, too. Celebrex proved to be VERY hard on the stomach (including stomach and intestinal bleeding and perforation) and, in some cases, greatly increased of heart attack & stroke. The serious side effects increased with usage - so the dream of a low-side effect, long term use NSAID for those of us suffering from adhesions was quickly dashed. It is great for pain and inflammation, BUT very dangerous, in my opinion.

At Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Fern wrote: >
>At one time there was a widely circulated article written by Susan
>Craig who stated a controlled study of Celebex having a "dramatic"

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: