Another Week in the hospital

Mon Jun 20 20:58:33 2011

Hello my fellow sufferers of adhesions.. I have been coming to this site for many years now for support and just the mental aspect that there are others out there just like me. I am a 43 year old male. My first surgery was when I was 3 months old. I have had a total of 6 surgeries now on my gut.

Well- knock on wood, I have not had an episode in a long time (maybe a year)... Then, boom, on Sunday last week I got a visit from my old pall the Bowel Obstruction monster. Here is the kicker. I went into emergency, they took one look at my gut (looked like I was nine months prego- and I am a very lean, 195 pound person who keeps in shape) The nurse in triage said, don't even sit down, we are taking you straight back. They ran the usuals and low and behold- it was like Christmas (sarcasm)... Once they did all the xrays, they found that I had the following going on; bowel obstruction, two (that is righ, not one but TWO) hernias, a kidney stone and just to put the icing on the cake, a lesion on my kidney... Now that is some good fun (again- sarcasm)...So, after six days in the hospital, I begged them to let me go home and promissed to hydrate as long as they gave me something to manage. I have to say, I had the worst surgeon (on duty when I came in)... One the of the reasons I wanted out is that I want to go see my surgeon at UCSF in San francisco. I see the Chief of Surgery there and just LOVE him. He is so undertanding and always LISTENS, and goes over strategy WITH you instead of just dictating. Anyway, been a rough weekend but am heading the surgeon in the next couple of days.. Wish me luck as I wish the same for all of you my friends...

Can't give up... We have each other...

--
Rob

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: