Another Week in the hospital

Thu Jun 30 21:59:39 2011

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Betty Jones Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:57 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Another Week in the hospital

I just got home from a two week stay in the hospital.  I have been hospitalized before in Nov 2010 and Dec 2010.  I was there on those visits for 10 days so this last visit was longer and I was really in alot of pain.   I only have one bowel (small)  I had a total colectomy in 1996 and I have a J pouch.  I started getting sick in 06 and I have had 5 surgeries since.  I have adhesions and the surgeons will not operate again because it will create more adhesions and complications I don't want.   I have just decided to accept it and I will have to go to the hospital to give my small bowel a rest.  I had the gastric tube, IV's and nutrition.  It was pretty horrible.  That gastric tube is so hard to deal with.  I am home now and I am grateful to be here.  I read your email and I can really empathize with you.  I just went through some very bad days.  I felt hopeless and they just kept giving me morpheine for the horrible pain.  Tests, and xrays and procedures daily.  I am just worn out.   Home now and eating clear liquids and starting back on full liquids.  Tried some food over the weekend but I was in pain so back to liquids until I can get the swelling down some more.    I hope you feel ok and are healing.  It sure is nice to have this message board to know there are other people who are suffering like myself.   By the way, are you in San Francisco?  I will be there for 10 days in August with my daughter and I would like to have a doctor nearby in case I have an emergency.  Which hospital should I go to if I have an obstruction?  Let me know please.  I am in San Antonio.   Betty On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:01 PM, IAS Admin <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: scilingor@yahoo.com (Rob) Subject: Another Week in the hospital

Hello my fellow sufferers of adhesions..  I have been coming to this site for many years now for support and just the mental aspect that there are others out there just like me.  I am a 43 year old male.  My first surgery was when I was 3 months old.  I have had a total of 6 surgeries now on my gut.

Well- knock on wood, I have not had an episode in a long time (maybe a year)...  Then, boom, on Sunday last week I got a visit from my old pall the Bowel Obstruction monster.  Here is the kicker.  I went into emergency, they took one look at my gut (looked like I was nine months prego- and I am a very lean, 195 pound person who keeps in shape) The nurse in triage said, don't even sit down, we are taking you straight back.  They ran the usuals and low and behold- it was like Christmas (sarcasm)...  Once they did all the xrays, they found that I had the following going on; bowel obstruction, two (that is righ, not one but TWO) hernias, a kidney stone and just to put the icing on the cake, a lesion on my kidney...  Now that is some good fun (again- sarcasm)...So, after six days in the hospital, I begged them to let me go home and promissed to hydrate as long as they gave me something to manage.  I have to say, I had the worst surgeon (on duty when I came in)...  One the of the reasons I wanted out is that I want to go see my surgeon at UCSF in San francisco.  I see the Chief of Surgery there and just LOVE him.  He is so undertanding and always LISTENS, and goes over strategy WITH you instead of just dictating.  Anyway, been a rough weekend but am heading the surgeon in the next couple of days..  Wish me luck as I wish the same for all of you my friends...

Can't give up... We have each other...

Rob

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: