Surgeons

Sun Sep 11 20:11:29 2011

My history- started with endometriosis in my teens, and 20s -causing infertility. Now in the last 2 years I have had 2 bowel surgeries due to obstructions from diverticulitis.The last surgery- the colon-rectal surgeon took an extra 3 hours to do lysis of adhesions, just to be able to get to colon do the surgery. Of course I have have chronic pain also- mostly pelvic-groin.. that has just basically put my usual activities on hold. Now I have a large abdominal incisional hernia..., and several smaller hernias below the big one.

A General surgeon- head of the department, at well-known teaching hospital. Want's to put layers of mesh over and under this hernia- I said- "lets hold off on that! I don't want more adhesions- I already have chronic pain." He actually laughed at me- "pain from adhesions?- I don't think so".

Can anyone tell me if surgeons laugh at them- Why would they do that?

I've asked 2 doctors for a consult to the pain clinic. My PCP, and behavioral medicine (Of course I'm depressed now too!) They do nothing- and a MD referral is needed for the pain clinic-

You can bet- I'm passing on this "mesh" surgery.....it's elective- and I guess I could get another bowel obstruction with the hernia- but I'll deal with that in the future if it happens.

I lost all trust in physicians. It's not a bright future.

I just saw a post= mentioning mesh/hernia surgery. I thank all you who post here- so I know I'm NOT crazy.

What should I do? ---- With these doctors?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: