Adhensions and diastatis recti

Mon Sep 19 20:20:57 2011

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 1:58 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhensions and diastatis recti

Hi Lucy, I pray that all will go well having special massage for your adhesions. I have been told by a massage therapist that specializes in abdominal pain that she can help me too. I can't remember the type of massage therapy that she would do. I know it's worth a try, but I am a big chicken. I have had so many things done to me that I just don't want anyone touching me, giving me injections, a tens unit, surgery etc. To have someone physically touch, rub my stomach scares me! I have been going through a major episode since Saturday. It was a beautiful morning and I decided to go out and pick some more blackberries. They just grow wild all around our place. They are all so big, plump and juicy and of course the berries right in front of me don't do, I HAVE to get the berries that I have to stretch for and reach far for because they are the biggest and the BEST!!!! Well, needless to say, I caused a lot of ripping and tearing, and nausea. All I can do is stay curled in a fetal position with my heating pad and the weather is and has been in the 90's. Really makes a lot of sense right??? I am sure that I am not the only one that does things, then ends up regretting it. I just want my life back, and I know everyone else does too. I have had 11 abdominal surgeries. 2 for adhesions in Germany, then after that Gallbladder surgery here in the states. I have never heard of Diastatis recti. It sounds very interesting, and I'm glad you shared it with us at this site. I will check it out when I can. I haven't been on this site in a long time. I have to say that I really appreciate everyone that is a part of this site. Everyone is so kind, caring and loving, and they understand what you are going through with no judgement because they have all been there! I love the fact that diagnosis are shared, and treatments too. WE all reach out to each other to help each other out. Lucy, please keep us posted on your progress. Good Luck! Cheryl     > Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:12:13 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com
> Subject: Adhensions and diastatis recti
>
> Sender: gsyrtmgy600251@myway.com (Lucy)
> Subject: Adhensions and diastatis recti
>
> After all these years of suffering from cramping, pulling sensation,
> pelvic pain, gas, back pain and groin pain I have finally been diagnosed
> with scar tissue and I also have diastatis recti. I have been to many
> doctors and have had many tests but finally someone has realized that
> scar tissue is causing a lot of my problems. I suffer daily and as time
> as gone on my pain has gotten worse. My surgeon diagnosed me with
> diastatis recti (split abdominal muscle) but I mentioned scar tissue he
> said nothing as did all the other doctors I have been to. I have had
> two c-sections, my gallbladder remove and have had a abdominal hernia
> repair. My pelvic area scar is so large as is the scar from my
> gallbladder surgery (I had the old fashion surgery). My surgeon sent me
> to PT for my diastatis recti and the therapist told me she could feel
> all the scar tissue and that I had many. She said she could break the
> scar tissue with special massage. I am optimistic that this will work.
> I will let you all know how I am doing, and if this helps then maybe it
> might work for you too.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: