loop adhesions on intestines, severe pain

Thu Jan 5 20:33:39 2012

My name is Shay. I am 26 years old. I was born with gastroschisis. This was repaired and all was fine until a few years ago when a dermoid cyst was found on my right ovary. My OBGYN took it out along with my right ovary and fallopian tube. About six months later the pain started. It is best described as a sharp stabbing pain that was not triggered by anything (ie food, stress). The pain would last anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes and this could happen for many hours at a time. It took me a year and countless negative tests to convince a surgeon to do an exploratory lap to see if adhesions were causing my pain. In the first exploratory lap the surgeon removed my gallbladder (as it was being constricted by adhesions). Six months later, exploratory lap number 2...he took out more adhesions and this time he applied Seprafilm adhesion barrier. A year later (12/14/11) was surgery number 3. He took out more adhesions and used Seprafilm again. Discovered loop adhesions on my intestines. I had asked him to look at my intestines because I felt that no matter what I ate or when I ate, I was at risk for the horrible pain. I felt that as the food was passing through me it was causeing the adhesions to move and cause me a great deal of pain. He did not remove any of the loop adhesions. This would require a laparotomy. It has only been a few weeks after surgery. The pain I am feeling now is worse than before. I really believe it has to do with my intestines. He said he would go in again and remove them, but I just lost my insurance. Is there anything I can do to reduce this pain. I work on my feet all day at a pharmacy and I go to school full time. Pain meds are not an option. Would a liquid diet help? I am in tears every day, this pain is so bad.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: