Adhesions (?) after Emergency Appendectomy & R Hemicolectomy

Fri Feb 3 16:04:39 2012

This coming May 2012 it'll be one year after my surgery. As stated I needed an emergency appendectomy, initially the surgeon planned a simple laparoscopic procedure to removed my appendix but once inside a Right Hemicolectomy needed to be done as well. So I ended up with an 8 inches scar from belly button down.

The surgeon told me 6 weeks recovery time and that I'll be in some discomfort from time to time. I've accepted that and tried my best to deal with the pain. 15 weeks post surgery I'm still in pain - pain that feels like a tearing pulling pain in my abdomen. I went back to see my surgeon and told him of the pain I'm in and he said its part of the healing process and to "give it time". He gave me his calling card and told me to "keep him in the loop" of my condition. Yes, shocking I know, typical doctors reaction to symptoms they can't see with CT scans or other medical instruments.

For almost a year I've frustratedly tried to trace everything and anything that I'm doing to see what's causing the pain in my stomach. There's no rhyme or reason when or what I'm doing that cause the pain to appear. I have high tolerance for pain but there are days that I'll be so much pain all I can is cry. I've learned to slow my breathing to help ease the pain but no matter what I do or not do - the pain is still there.

My regular doctor told me that my surgery is major and not to take it lightly. I told her that I'm frustrated of these pain. I should be healed by now. I can't do any lower abdominal exercises or any abdominal exercises for that matter.

This coming Wed I'm off to see another surgeon...I'm frustrated and I don't know what to do any more...

Pls. any help/info is very much appreciated.

--
Frustrated Gal

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: