bowel obstructions

Sat Mar 10 20:11:44 2012

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Sharon Osgood Norton Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 1:34 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1438

Hi Dorothy, I've only had partial bower obstructions for the last 10 years as a result of a burst appendix & peritonitis.  I can usually go 1-2 years without being hospitalized.  As soon as I feel the pain coming on, I drop everything and work on relaxing, ie., hot bath, deep breathing, breath through the pain (kinda like labour contractions!), drink hot tea and as a back-up, my doc gave me a small morphine prescription.  However, if I start vomiting, etc.., off to the hospital I go. 

As for your comment on yeast build up, I had been going through an intensive parasite & yeast cleanse for over 1 year with a traditional chinese doctor who also used acupuncture on me.  I still experienced partial bowel obstructions during and after the cleanse; however, my episodes became less intense in that the practionner explained that tension, fear, anxiety can escalate the pain by tensing up, causing the bowels to also tense and contract.  Makes sense doesn't it!  However, my doc doesn't believe in that theory and maintains that my bowel obstructions are considered a "mechanical" problem.  Not sure that helps but take what you want out of it....cheers! Sharon On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Adhesions Society <adhesions@adhesions.org> wrote:                            ADHESIONS Digest 1438

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction free for more than 1 year??        by "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:09:10 -0600 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: <adhesions@adhesions.org>
Subject: is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction
free for more than 1 year??
Message-ID: <006c01ccfc20$6e702ca0$6501a8c0@Tracy>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
       charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Subject: is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction
free for more than 1 year??

I am just curious if it is possible to go sbo free after having had 3 of them? Is there ANY glimmer of hope for us in this life?????

I had my last surgery 1 yr ago today, and frankly, I am very anxious that that means another one is on the way soon.

I was on Dr.  Oz's website and he mentions something called Active Release Therapy for adhesions, what is ART? Has anyone tried it???

Could parasites and/or candida be the culprit of the sbo's???

IS THERE HOPE?!!!!!!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: