Re: my adhesion story

Thu Apr 15 10:00:44 1999

Christine, reading your story almost mirrored mine. I feel like I DO have an obstruction BUT, I hate going to my gastro guy because he lately has just been coaching me from the phone with statements like, take 3 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia; take some other stuff he said I had to mix with water (which I never did buy); and drink Citrate (very nasty stuff) which I also did not do. The reason I did not drink the Citrate is because that stuff reacts to me very violently. I sweat, get sick to my stomach (and sometimes throw up) and have extremely bad cramping with little response from the Citrate itself. The last time I had a bowel obstruction, they gave me all but that stuff I needed to mix before surgery including 3 enemas and I STILL had to have surgery even though they throughly cleaned me out. I am TERRIFIED of the thought that I may now be in the hands of people that are burned out with me through this ordeal. I am in the process of seeing someone else that may be able to help me and if it is successful, I will let all of you know. In the meantime, pray for me - that I do not have an obstruction and I get to this new guy before I HAVE to have obstruction surgery! Keep me posted Christine, I had the "scope" procedure done and my gastro too, said he didn't see anything (yet, my old surgeon said my insides were so sticky he thought he would have to put me on the bag AND I was a very high risk for more surgery). Be careful with your choice in doctors - ask a lot of questions and don't be talked into anything you don't want done!!! I should have taken my own advice - live and learn.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: