Cyndi

Mon Apr 19 08:22:26 1999

Hi Cyndi:

I am very sorry to hear about the problems adhesions have caused you for so long.

I feel guilty because I don't have this kind of pain. But I do have abnormal discomfort and I also have to live with the threat of the complications of adhesions. So I do understand the frustration caused by the inability to properly treat this problem. The frustration is just as great because I keep thinking that my problem isn't "that bad", so why can't they fix it? It isn't like they have a mess of adhesions to deal with. There is just one specific problem area, mainly the sigmoid colon.

On the news the other night they featured that man that just had a hand transplant (from a cadaver, I believe, and not his own hand reattached, although I could be wrong about this) and showed him throwing out the ball in a baseball game-in other words, a functioning hand! I made the comment to my husband that while I was very happy for this man and for the doctors in that it was successful, it is still very frustrating that they can do this but they can't stop a person's gut from sticking together after surgery!!!!!

I have an appt with a colo-rectal surgeon (not for more surgery but for another opinion) so I may be changing my level of acceptance of this problem soon, depending on what he says. He may say to learn to live with it! I don't know what else I expect him to say since I don't want more surgery, not yet anyway.

Thanks for contributing to the forum.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: