adhesions

Thu Apr 29 10:31:44 1999

I also suffer from adhesions and have so many of the same symptoms all of you mention. I had small bowel blockage and gangrene caused by adhesions in '89 and blockage again in '97, emergency surgery both times. Part of the small bowel was removed the first time but only released the second. I have crampy low abdominal pain, rectal and back pain and hip pain, sometimes into the thighs. I have trouble initiating bowel movements and usually have to use water enemas to start them as any straining causes muscle spasms to start (not immediately but an hour or so later) in the rectal area and continues to tighten until my hip muscles are involved. My doctors don't want to believe rectal pain is from adhesions while at the same time saying, yes, he saw adhesions he could not reach when he did laproscopic gall bladder surgery. I have been advised to live with it as more surgery may cause more adhesions. All of you have my prayers and sympathy. I also have sore tightnesss in the groin area when I rise from a sitting position, like a doll whose rubber bands are too tight on its legs. Anyone else have this? Thanks for listening and for this site!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: