Re: adhesion barriers

Mon May 17 09:49:28 1999

I would like to share my experience with adhesion barriers. I had my 5th surgery for dense adhesions in Nov. The adhesions had completely covered all organs in my pelvis, were wrapped around my intestines and appendix, and were in my uterus. I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of extensive adhesions. At my request, my surgeon used the adhesion barrier Seprafilm. Before this surgery in Nov. I had surgery in May (6 mo. before) for dense adhesions and ended up with bowel obstructions. I was in the hospital for over 2 weeks. My Dr. said I had the worst case of adhesions he had ever seen. I felt the adhesion barrier was my only hope. It has been 6 months since my surgery with the barrier. Although I do feel the adhesions,(constant back pain and pulling) I am convinced the barrier has slowed down their progress. I did not have any side effects or problems with the barrier placement. I encourage anyone who battles with adhesions to consider using a barrier. After all, it's all we have !!! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: