Re: Has any one been diagnosed with omental adhesions?

Sun May 23 21:50:57 1999

At Sun, 23 May 1999, michele wrote: >
>Hi-
>Surgery went well--still recovering in a nice hotel before going home.
>I'll find out more tomorrow, but I have a drawing from my sugeon who
>found very wispy adhesions on the omentum. My understanding is that the
>omentum is a fat layer that protects other organs. Is this abdominal in
>nature?
>
>Curious to find out more. Please post on forum. I am in between e-mail
>addresses and locations.
>
>Thanks for those who had positive thoughts.
>
>--
>Michele
>

Hi Michele,

I had adhesions so bad on the omentum, that the dr did an omenectomy, he removed it hoping thatthis would keep the adhesions rom forming so easy. he had said that this is wherethey seem to be when he does alot of gyn surgery.

That wqs done th efirst laparotomy in april, because adhesons had adhered to the last ovary, and the bowels was all shifted to the right side and he could not find the ovary. He then removed the last ovary, but i was still in pain after the surgery, so he did a laparoscopy in august to findthat he could not get through to far due to very dense adhesions, he thought they would still be wispy, so he schedued anotherlaparotomy in sept. I had extensie adhesons all over the loops of small bowel, and the adhesions had pulled the tranverse colon(lg bowel) and was stuck to the pelvic floor, and he said it was smothering my small bowels. Now I see a pain dr, and she is tryig to help with meds and counseling, now I struggle with even moving bowels, I suffered so bad I hadd taken a laxative, and tonss of prune juice which usually makes me go within an hour, ut I finallt told my husband to getme an enama, and I did go after that, but it still hurts bad to have a bowel movement. I too m looking for positive thoughts, if anyone has ANY!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: