Re: Adhesions

Wed Jun 9 16:57:04 1999

Dear Brenda, when I read your note, I almost cried because I, too, HATE that darn NG tube!!!!!! I can almost do it by myself. They are in shock when I tell them which side to use and how to do it. As a matter of fact, if they put it in a little ice, it goes down much better!! I hate it though because it not only hurts my throat but my stomach too. It feels like it is going to suck out my stomach. I don't know what is worse - it or the blockage!!! When I am in that condition, instead of praying for pain relief, I pray that He will just take me home and put my out of my misery!! That way, I'll be in no more pain and I will be with my Mother, Grandmother, Grandfather and Father. I am beginning to contemplate an ostomy (I think that is how you spell it) you know, moving your bowels into a bag, but, I am terrified of this alternative. I was told by someone that this may relieve 80% of my pain because the bulk of my pain stems from adhesions over almost 90% or more of my intestines and 10% over my spine. I REALLY need some advice from someone who has been there. Any ideas?

>>> Brenda <Kisnerace@aol.com> 05/02 11:45 PM >>>

It is so good to have a site to go into and know that I am not "crazy", or different. Every three months I too go into the hospital with a bowel obstruction. They make me lay there for days hoping it resolves itself, this has been going on for 3 yrs. since my last major surgery. Trust me I do NOT want to have another surgery but I also do not like having that NG tube put it and laying there in the hospital being so sick you pray to god to get rid of your pain. Lets stick together everyone, there has got to be some hope out there for all of us!!!!!

--
Brenda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: