>>Ginny,
>>
>>i just wanted to let you know - when my adhesions were at their worst - I
>>has hospitalized for 4 days because of the severe pain and fever and
>>elevated white count. This happened three months in a row - every test in
>>the book was run and everything was "normal" I sent for my GI report and the
>>doc dictated that everything in the colon was normal. He also said that the
>>colon was fixed due to adhesions but he never acknowledged that the
>>adhesions were causing the pain - go figure!
>>
>>Tina
>>
>>Tina,
>
>Did the Doctor take care of your adhesions on your colon? I just had a
>sigmoidoscopy last week looking for the cause of blood. Of course the
>test was normal as everything else has been. But I'll tell you what, I
>have never been in so much pain during a test during my life. I think
>he could have yanked my colon out through my nose and caused less pain.
>I asked if it could have been so painful because of adhesions and he
>just looked at me and said "you should be happy everything is normal". I
>am new to this forum am amazed that so many of us are having such
>similar experiences. I agree "Go figure!!!"
>
>--
>Ginny King
>

Ginny

The GI Doc didn't even acknowledge that the adhesions were a possible source of the pain. GI docs are good for problems actually within the small intestine/colon but not on anything on the outside - like adhesions. I was sent home with no real answers for these episodes of suicidal levels of pain, fever, elevated WBC, vomiting and explosive diarrhea. Being in the medical profession - I did a little research on my own and decided that I was having some partial, intermittant bowel obstruction that they just didn't pick up on with the x-rays. About 6 months later I ended up having an open lap with lysis of adhesions and removal of my rt tube and ovary. This gave me about 9 months of being pain free. Then the pain returned and gradually got worse again. It's just a viscious cycle - pain - major surgery - pain - more surgery - . I've decided to not have any more surgery unless I have no choice such as a complete bowel obstruction.

I have worked with GI docs and most put the patient under heavy sedation to perform sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy. If I were you - esp if the next test they want to do is a colonoscopy - refuse to have it done without sedation. You can call other GIs in your area and ask if they use sedation for their colon tests. I feel confident you will find one who does. It is cruel and inhumane to put someone through a test like that wide awake - esp if you are already dealing with a great deal of pain.

Tina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: