Re: Disability: I reieved.....

Tue Jun 15 15:54:21 1999

Hello everyone, I wanted to say that I did recieve ssdi for what they called a "Closed Period" of time. It took a couple years, and there was no prior diagnosis that my lawyer could find. IF someone has more info then that would be great!! My case was won on the basis of the Vocational Expert admitting that know one would want to hire me based on the fact that I could not be counted on due to sick days. And that has been a real problem for me in the past with employment. My husband had been talking about my reapplying for Social Security. I still work "on call" as a counselor,but can't commit to full time work. It is just to much for me. Since I have been online with our "society", I have decided to begin the process again,(applying for SSDI). Denise

At Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Laura Newman wrote: >
>Tina, I was wondering the same thing. Also, I wanted to know how much money they are receiving (if someone is willing to give that information) it may vary from person to person but at least we could get a ball-park figure. If you find out any information, would you please pass it on to me? I REALLY need to stop putting my body through the harshness of working full time but I was afraid I wouldn't qualify for disability. I need to know too, how they filed. Thanks so much for thinking about this question, I hope you get answers!!!!!
>
>>>> Tina Shelby <tshelby@usit.net> 06/02 12:41 PM >>>
>I'm in the process of filing for disability and have read that some of you
>are already recieving disability benifits.
>
>What diagnosis did the disability board accept as a disabling condition -
>"peripheral neuropathy"?, "post-surgical abdomino/pelvic adhesions"?
>
>If my lawyer can find the diagnosis that has been accepted by the disability
>folkes - then it won't take as long to get me approved for disability beneifits.
>
>Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
>Tina Shelby

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: