Re: Disability

Wed Jun 16 11:21:34 1999

Laura,

When I went to the ss office and completed the forms they told me how much I would be getting. The $ amount is based on how many years you have worked, and how much you have earned during that time. The way they explained it to me - it is different for each individual. I don't know if it varies from state to state or not - I live in Tennessee. If no one can answer our questions - my atty will know and I will let you know what diagnosis he uses that gets me approved. In this state - you cannot work for six months before you get approved and the first check - going without a salary for 6 months put us in financial straits - we had to sell out so we could live on my husbands salary while they drag their feet.I have been denied 3 times and now it is time for the appeal to go before a judge. My atty has been doing these kinds of cases for 18 yrs. He is quite positive I will be approved and was suprised that I hadn't been approved all ready. I will keep you posted

Tina

At 08:46 AM 6/15/99 -0500, you wrote: >Tina, I was wondering the same thing. Also, I wanted to know how much
money they are receiving (if someone is willing to give that information) it may vary from person to person but at least we could get a ball-park figure. If you find out any information, would you please pass it on to me? I REALLY need to stop putting my body through the harshness of working full time but I was afraid I wouldn't qualify for disability. I need to know too, how they filed. Thanks so much for thinking about this question, I hope you get answers!!!!! >
>>>> Tina Shelby <tshelby@usit.net> 06/02 12:41 PM >>>
>I'm in the process of filing for disability and have read that some of you
>are already recieving disability benifits.
>
>What diagnosis did the disability board accept as a disabling condition -
>"peripheral neuropathy"?, "post-surgical abdomino/pelvic adhesions"?
>
>If my lawyer can find the diagnosis that has been accepted by the disability
>folkes - then it won't take as long to get me approved for disability
beneifits. >
>Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
>Tina Shelby
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: