>
>I know you didn't ask me - but if you don't mind - I would like to give you
>a medical perspective on your symptoms you describe. The blood in your urine
>and bowels is most definitely not normal. I am interested in knowing if
>there is alot of blood in your stools or are they picking it up on a guiac
>test. Are you taking any kind of anti-inflammatory medications like motrin
>or advil? These types of drugs are very hard on the stomach and cause
>microscopic bleeding. Blood in the urine needs to be wroked up by a
>Urologist to determine where along the urinary tract it is coming from.
>
>As far as adhesions causing the bleeding - if the adhesions (on the outside
>of the bowel/bladder) were to pull hard enough as to cause bleeding/tearing
>of the organ (inside the bowel/bladder) - that would be a life-threatening
>situation. A hole in the bowel would cause the contents to spill out into
>the abdominal cavity causing a severe infection like peritonitis. The same
>goes with tearing of an ureter. Urine would spill out and also cause some
>life-threatening problems.
>

>Hi Tina,

I don't mind any advice at all at this point. I have blood that shows up both by the naked eye and by test. I have had peritonitis of an unknown cause which has resulted in additional adhesions. As of last week, the doctor I was seeing said I just had irritable bowel. Since then I am seeing a new doctor and we are starting over on trying to find out where the blood and infections are coming from. I guess the adhesions probably aren't the problem and my new doctor is back to suspecting Crohn's but sometimes I feel like my insides are ripping out and the pain is blinding which is what I went through when the adhesions had bound my uterus to my abdomen. My PCP is not giving me a referal yet to a urologist or even my gyn as she is waiting on the test results the GI is going to do later this month. I don't take many medications, perscriptions or otherwise. I do understand they can cause bleeding, but would a taking them a few times a month show visible blood in the urine and stools? I feel like I am in a going around in a circle with the docs. Thanks for your advice. I welcome any comments or advice, always. I have gotten more good advice and support through this forum than in nine years of dealing with doctors, complicated by insurance )but thats a whole different issue). Thanks again. I hope you are having a good day yourself. Ginny

>>

--
Ginny King

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: