Update

Thu Jul 1 06:24:53 1999

Hi! I'm glad to see the forum is running again. It was kind of lonely there for awhile! I saw my pcp and brought up the subject of nerve entrapment, myofascial pain syndrome, and also hernia. He really had no opinion on the nerve entrapment or the myofascial pain syndrome. In fact, his last comment about the latter was "I'm not ready to label you with that yet."Does anyone have any idea what he meant by that? Is this not a recognized diagnosis among the medical community? He agreed that hernia in women was extremely hard to diagnose sometimes but he said the surgeon was the *expert* on that and would have seen it when he was in there. I mentioned that in the article I have it states that 65% of female hernias are missed at laparoscopy! He still insists it is the adhesions even though I reminded him that they were supposed to have been fixed by the surgeon (and since the first ones had not reoccurred by the time of hte second lap I feel it is not unreasonable to believe the second ones fixed might not have reoccurred also) and two GI doctors (a gastroenterologist and a GI surgeon) have said it is not related to my bowels. The GI surgeon said it is not related to the adhesions. The gyn said it is not the adhesions. He said the next step is the pain clinic and made a referral. I went home and thought about it and the next morning I called the surgeon's office. They said it would not be unreasonable to come in for another opinion especially since new symptoms have presented since the surgeon did the lap in Sept. I decided to hold off on the pain clinic. From what I've read I don't believe they will put much effort into diagnosis and will just try to treat the pain, probably with antidepressants. In my case, that would be just trading one set of problems for another. But I haven't read the website Helen posted yet, and will do that now.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: