Re: Help, I don't know what to do...

Thu Jul 15 09:36:45 1999

Hi Jo Ann, I had my total hysterectomy about 7 months ago. My remaining ovary and cervix was taken out as well. That was my 7th surgery, all due to adhesions but one. My first surgery was for a ruptured tubal pregnancy which I feel started my adhesion problems. As for my hysterectomy, my quality of life was affected before the surgery. I could not have relations with my husband due to the pain. I am 40 years old, so having more children was not a problem for me. After the surgery my Dr. told me the adhesions were extensive. They were in my uterus(Asherman Syndrome), tube, ovary and intestine. They were lysed from the abdominal wall, desending colon, cul-de-sac, bowel, etc. I think you can see, I was miserable. The Dr. used an adhesion barrier called Seprafilm. It has been 7 months and I believe the barrier has slowed down the adhesions although not stopped them. As for my hysterectomy, I no longer have pelvic pain. I was at the point where I would try anything to relieve some of the pain. I do not regret the hysterectomy at all. The only thing is, it did take care of the adhesions in the uterus, but they are back everywhere else. The decisions we have to make are very tough. It is your body, and no one knows it better than you do. I wish you the best, and remember we are here for you. Friends who stick together, Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: