Re: adhesions

Sat Jul 17 19:24:06 1999

Welcome Diane, I had my total hysterectomy due to adhesions in my uterus about 7 months ago. This was my 7th surgery, of which 6 have been due to adhesions. My surgeon has told me that I was the worst case of adhesions he has ever seen. It seems we both share this. I wanted to tell you that my Dr. used the adhesion barrier called Seprafilm. My sister did some research for me and gave me the info on barriers. I feel the barrier has slowed down my adhesion formation. When I had the surgery for the hysterectomy, I also required my remaining ovary and tube, cervix and appendix removed. I also had adhesions everywhere, my organs were not visible. Adhesions on my intestines had given me the most problems. Before the surgery I had a lot of pelvic pain. I do not have the pelvic pain now. Most of my pain and pulling is in my back, especially on my right side, where the ovary and appendix were removed. In my situation, I was willing to try anything to hinder the adhesions. I will agree to have the barrier used again, keeping in mind it is not a cure or even guaranteed, but it's all I got!!!Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk. This forum is a God send, I was so alone in my pain before I found this site. Remember , you are not alone!!! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: