>before the procedure.Is this what you had done also? When I had the
>cystoscopy on Friday I had a shot of demerol when I got to the hospital
>and then a shot of valium right before the procedure and I was very very
>sick that night.I had such a headache and I could not stop vomiting.I
>did not start feeling better stomach wise until Tuesday.Any advice would
>be helpful.My appointment with the G I Dr. is at 2:15 today.I am on the
>east coast.THanks Chris.
>FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" Peggy

Hi Peggy: No, it is not the Fleets enema, it is the Fleets phospho-soda that you can use as a prep for the colonoscopy instead of Golytely, which you probably know by now since you have been to your GI appt. This post was late in appearing on the forum. There are some tips that help to keep it down. I have posted these before, either here or on the endo forum, so if you are interested let me know and I will post them again. It involves what you drink with the Fleets phosphosoda. I think the package insert says water, but the tips say kool aid, I think. Of course you can't drink anything red, did they tell you that? No red kool aid, red jello, or punch anything like that. I guess because they can make the lining look red when it really isn't. My procedure was at 4 pm and I was allowed to drink liquids only up until noon, but do what your doctor's office tells you to do. The GI office gave me these tips put out by the manufacturer. Let me know if you want them. The phosphosoda is pretty nasty stuff too, but nothing like Golytely, which is a whole gallon jug. The meds were given to me right before the procedure after they took me into the procedure room. They were demerol and versed. The demerol is a pain killer and versed makes you forget the procedure. I don't remember one thing about it. I would prefer to remember so if there is ever a next time I would like just the demerol. You should tell them you had that type of reaction to the meds. I wouldn't want to look forward to that again! I believe it is demerol that makes some people very sick to their stomach. I had no problems, it put me in la la land. I don't usually have a problem with meds. Good luck-the procedure isn't that bad, but the prep sure is, although Fleets phosphosoda is a lot gentler laxative than mag citrate. I don't know about Golytely, all I know is the size of it. YUCH. When I had my second lap, because I didn't want to take Golytely, I had to have a TWO day bowel prep. I had to drink the Fleets phosphosoda twice. I was pretty wiped out by the time I got to the hospital.

Chris

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: