Re: trouble adjusting to pain meds...

Sun Jul 25 13:48:42 1999

Hi, I don't understand why we have to constantly fight for everything when it comes to our illness. It seems we have to fight to find a Doctor who will listen to what we are saying, fight to try to get answers, fight to try to get our pain under control, fight with ourselves to keep going and not to give up. I had a bad experience with my first and only appointment with a pain management facility. The Dr. asked me a few questions, checked my reflexes, looked briefly at my history and told me that basically there was not much he could do for me. He took me off of all my medications and put me on Neurontin. The whole process took about 10 minutes. This appointment was right before I had another surgery and I was in a lot of pain and very frustrated. I had been through every test imaginable only to be told it was adhesions causing my problems. I told them that in the begining. The thing that upset me was, by going to the pain clinic Doctor I was looking for understanding and compassion. Instead I felt like no one wanted to help me. I know there are great facilities out there, but I get tired of fighting and going from Doctor to Doctor. We do not want to be ill or in pain. Chronic pain can lead to a lot of other problems such as depression and feeling isolated. That is why this forum is so important. We have become friends through our common problems, we share information, and we support each other. Thanks, Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: