Re: Desparately needing advice...

Wed Aug 4 12:09:05 1999

Valerie, I know how you feel, I wish there were easy answers. I have had 7 surgeries for adhesions, most of them laparotomies because I wait until I cannot function before I agree to more surgery. During one procedure to lyse adhesions, my intestine was nicked and I hemorrhaged. Of course I developed more adhesions due to the bleeding. I have endured bowel obstructions which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I too have had every test in the book. I always felt the adhesions were the problem, but I had the tests anyway. When I had the barium enema and upper GI series, I was there all day and into the evening. Everyone else who had the same tests, came and went! Still, they said everything looked ok. Shortly after that my bowels stopped working. Unfortunately, the only way to know if adhesions is the problem is via the laparoscope. What a choice we have! Good luck to you, please let us know what happens. Here is a little verse I would like to share. THERE IS STRENGTH IN FRIENDSHIP THAT HELPS US OVERCOME LIFE'S MOST DIFFICULT TIMES. I KNOW FIRSTHAND OF YOUR PAIN, AND I SHARE IT SO DEEPLY WITH YOU. YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR COURAGE, YOUR LIGHT, AND YOUR WISDOM WILL SEE YOU THROUGH...AND SO SHALL I. Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: