LA Drs.

Fri Aug 6 00:41:44 1999

Hello everyone, its has been a very long process, but I have found out other alternatives. Though I am a little unsure about these procedures PLEASE if anyone knows of these, they need to let us know. I saw a Dr. at USC (University of Southern California) a wonderful women, who took a lot of interest in a girl from WV coming to LA to see a Dr. She suggested I find out about a TPN supplement, which I know what this is because I at one time was very ill. You have a shunt( a permenent tube that is put into your body) and feed yourself at night, you can still eat during the day, but you would not feel much like it. Your bowel would get lots of rest, and this could really help. She also told me about the morphine pump, but I so badly want to get off all these narcotics. But she also called me here later and told me of a NEW procedure where they take a tube and they insert it all the way up into the bowel, (I guess its a very long tube) and it would keep the adhesions from cutting off the bowel its makes sense and sounds great but I will not be here long enough to see this special surgeon. I have a call into him and I will keep you all updated. Just think about it! No more pain!!!! Its hard to belive and I am not sure if I do or not, but I would do almost anything to get off these drugs, and to stay out of the hospital with that NG tube down my throat all the time. They say its called the name of who ever invented it. I will keep researching. Good luck to all... All my friends new and old that stick together.

--
Brenda J. Kisner

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: