Re: Surgery Scheduled

Fri Aug 6 13:06:47 1999

>
>Can anyone who has had an adhesion barrier used of any sort let me know
>what their personal results were? It would help me a lot.
>

Meg, In the event that you didn't see my post from last week, I had surgery on May 17th for adhesions with one of the new gels (still under trial in this country) which should be available within a year, if not within a few months. Intergel is available in Europe from what I've read on the company's website. I had my follow-up surgery a week ago Monday and at least the doctor was very pleased. Only a few small adhesions had returned (or were new?) -- nothing like it was before. Of course, I think the real test will be in six months to a year from now and whether or not they continue to stay away since it seems to take a while before they start forming on me. But the doctor had earlier said that he had had good luck so far with the gel. There doesn't seem to be a lot of real current articles, but if you want to read what they have on their web site its: http://www.lifecore.com/

They also have a link to ethicon, which markets interceed and will market intergel when it's available, who has an adhesion prevention page/s. I didn't have time to look at the whole thing, but it did have a section on the various adhesion prevention therapies. (I'd just keep in mind that these pages are sponsored by Interceed).

Hopes this helps.

Sue Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: