Re: Surgery again? I need your advice!!

Tue Aug 10 09:09:30 1999

Valerie, get yourself a pain management dr. ASAP!!!! My GI said he would only approve surgery IF I had a total obstruction so in light of that, I am on a morphine pump and so other drugs. I don't think any of us are pain-free taking the drugs (we are trying to get there though) but something is better than nothing, like your case. PLEASE VALERIE, DON'T LAY THERE SUFFERING!!!! I am very worried about you!!!! Don't have the surgery unless you REALLY have to. Keep me posted. Love, Laura.

>>> Valerie Gates <IBUYMED@AOL.COM> 08/08/99 11:14PM >>>

Well, here I am faced with the difficult decision of whether or not to have surgery again! I swore 8 1/2 years ago that I wouldn't let anyone cut on me again unless I was dying! Well, I'm not dying...(feels like it sometimes) but I'm seriously considering surgery again. The tests I had Friday showed a partial bowel obstruction due to adhesions kinking the bowel on my left side. I'm out of sick leave because I've been sick with this stuff so much this year, and I really don't know what to do!! For over a week and a half, I have been so miserable that I am only able to lay around and sleep. I have so much I need to do.....so many things I'm supposed to be.....and all I can do is nothing because of my stupid gut!! I'm supposed to get up tomorrow and go to work and sit at a computer all day.......I don't know if I can do it! WHAT DO I DO? Please offer any advice you might have!

Valerie

--
Valerie Gates

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: