Re: pelvic adhesions

Sun Aug 15 14:23:10 1999

Dear Jenny If you have been told by other surgeons that you have extensive adhesions, be persistent! I was in a similar situation regarding changing hospitals, and my new consultant wouldn't listen to me explaining I had extensive adhesions which caused a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. However, the pain from the adhesions was becoming unbearable so I just kept making appointments with my G.P until they would listen. 1 yr later they performed a hysterectomy and bingo they then believed the extent of my adhesions. I'm just recovering from having my last ovary removed, again caused my adhesions. The surgeon told me it's important that if I need any other kind of abdominal surgery in the future, I must tell them that I now have dense extensive front abdominal adhesions. I think you need to tell your new surgeons etc. to get hold of your old hospital notes. Your G.P. notes are different to these , and apparently, hospital notes do not get forwarded on to new surgeons unless requested. I totally sympathize with your position because I too am from the u.k. I was 27 when I had my hysterectomy and I'm 29 now and receiving oestrogen therapy. There is not a lot of help from doctors, surgeons etc in this country unless you really push for it. Which is the last thing you want to do when you feel lousy from the pain and complications of adhesions. If I can help in any way feel free to email:s.woodward@newbury.net Best wishes Sandie

>----- Original Message -----
From: jenny <sunnybrae@cwcom.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@talk.obgyn.net> Sent: Sunday, August 15, 1999 5:46 PM Subject: pelvic adhesions

> can anyone out there help? I live in the UK, and have a long gynae
> history culminating in a hysterectomy at the age of 21. My pain
> disappeared for around 10 years, but for the last 4 years it has
> gradually reappeared. After each operation in the past, my surgeon has
> commented on how badly I was affected by adhesions. I have now moved
> from that area, and am being investigated by a different hospital. I
> was admitted with pelvic pain and an ovarian cyst was discovered and
> drained transvaginally. Despite this the pain has not lessened and
> although I have had a cystoscopy with nil abnormalities found, the
> doctors seem to be dismissing my pain. I mentioned adhesions to the
> surgeon who stated that the pain could not possibly be caused by this.
> Does anyone have any suggestions - I am at the end of my tether!
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: