>enema showed no problems. I have CT scan tomorrow. My doc said she
>isnt worried and thinks it is 'just adhesions' but she doesnt seem to
>get how much pain I am in! Could adhesions show up 13 years after
>surgery? Pain and tenderness..enough. I feel like..just find it and fix
>it! Any feedback appreciated.
>
>--
>SFDEE

>Denise,I suffer with adhesions also,as far as whether they can show up 13 years after surgery? My opinion would be yes.Adhesions form right after surgery but what I am learning {self experience} is that adhesions seem to continue to grow.THey get denser and again in my opinion spread throughout the abdomin.And please do not let your Dr. tell you that it is only adhesions. Unfortunatly there is no test at all that will show adhesions.The only way to know for sure is to have a laporoscopy done.I have had 2 laporoscopies 6 months apart and still the pain returned.I am now seeing a pain management Dr. and at this time the pain is better.I have only been with this Dr. sor 4 weeks.
But both times my gyn did the laporoscopy he lysed an extensive amount of adhesions.The last time I had this done was in April of this year and the Dr. used an Adhesion barrier called Interceed and I do not think that it has helped me at all.But the only way to know is to do another laporoscopy.Which I am not ready to have any time soon.I have been through too much the past 1 1/2 years.So for now I will stay with the pain management and hopefully will not have to be on the meds the rest of my life. Good Luck and please keep us informed as to what is going on and remember you are not alone in this everyone on this forum knows what you are going through and we are here for you."FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: