Ginny

Fri Aug 20 18:02:33 1999

Hi! Yes, I remember someone saying fiber is bad for crohn's and I have read that too. Up until recently my pcp was pushing fiber! i haven't had a problem until I really increased it and then boy, did I have a problem. Not with diarrhea, but with tremendous gas and pain. I know this is a common problem when increasing fiber and you have to do it slowly. I did-over a 4 month period and I still blew up, so I concluded that my system can only handle a certain amount of fiber. I got into the fiber thing not because of digestive problems-i have none of those. I did it for the cardiac benefits. So I went back to the normal amount of fiber (I think I eat enough as it is, as I said I really pushed it) If I do have crohn's I'm not sure it is so good taking celebrex which can irritate the gi lining. Less so than the traditional NSAIDS, but there is still the potential. I have never had an occult blood problem. I believe the pain in my abdomen/pelvis that was always there was not from my gut but referred from the SI joint or lower spine. The other pain I have had in my lower abdomen (the way it started 2 years ago and then again when I increased the fiber)may have been from my gut. It felt different than what I have now. It was with this other pain that I have the fever and chills.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: