MSM

Mon Aug 30 20:44:40 1999

Hello Everyone:

Gosh,Ellen thanks for posting that you are using MSM and finding it helpful!! You have no idea how happy I was to see your post. I need some validation to what I am feeling..and that is better! Can it really be?

The beauty of MSM is that it can be found it any health store. A bottle costs about $16.00, so I figured I would try it and see what happens.

Someone asked if MSM is safe, and that IS the beauty of this..it is safe. That's why I tried it. Its just a supplement. Its called Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane, simply referred to as MSM. There are webpages out there that discuss MSM...just use your web browers and type in MSM...if this is peaking your interest, you can do some research.

The homeopath that I discussed using MSM with is actually an MD too. She said there is nothing harmful about using it.

In fact, I should have mentioned this earlier is what led me to the homeopath in the first place. My GI who "supposedly" had experience in dealing with adhesions...refused to prescribe for me pain meds or an anti-flammatory. Which we all know how important anti-inflammatory meds are in adhesions! I called him I told him I was in pain. He asked "Have you missed work because of the pain"..I replied "No not yet". So he refused to prescribe pain meds! I told him about the burnings and asked him if I he could prescribe an anti-flammatory. He said no because overuse could give me an ulcer. So if its bad, take Alieve! So long story short, I was forced into exploring other help. So that's what led me to MSM...

But anyway, after I made my post earlier today, I made the shocking realization that my belly is not as tender. You all know the familiar abdominal tenderness associated with adhesions...my tenderness is minimized.

So I am getting a little more convinced that maybe there is something to this stuff?? I hope!!??

I am glad that Ellen is using it and feeling better...I am hoping that others will try it and get similar results and help me validate that this stuff is helping me and that I am not crazy! I am not saying this stuff is a cure or anything, but I cant deny I feel better for some reason..but what reason..the MSM?

Could there really be something so simple as MSM being helpful for our condition??!!

I sure hope for us all...I will keep you posted...if I take a downturn.

My best,

Helen in Chicago.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: