Recovery from surgery...

Sun Sep 19 08:02:37 1999

Chris, The recovery time doctors quote to a patient may be based on the doctors assessment for you, considering your age, the type and complications of the surgery performed and your over-all physical condition. I was 39 and in good shape in '96 when I had my hysterectomy, bowel and bladder repairs, and adhesions (100+) removed. My doctor told me 8 weeks to recover and no lifting of anything over 10 pounds...Kind of tough when you have an 18 month old who weighs 28 pounds.

In 1988 I had a c-section, and I truly did NOT feel back to normal for 18 months. By good I mean: able to run a flight of stairs with a laundry basket or a baby in my arms, and not have any 'hitches or pulling'. You are probably familiar with the feeling of going to stand up quickly, and feeling like you didn't give the elastics bands connecting you insides to your thighs enough time to 'thaw out'. You jump and feel like you were stuck and pulled a muscle!!!EEEYESH!!!

Take it slow. Pamper yourself. You are the first person who YOU have to take care of YOU. You know your body...listen to it. Do not let anyone make you feel like you are not moving fast enough for them. No one is going to be dragging around in that body BUT YOU for the next how many years.

Truthfully, I think they are shortening the recovery time....maybe it is out of dealing too much with insurance companies.

KHG

--
godfrey@doubled.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: