Problems with fiber and juicing.

Sat Oct 9 09:56:30 1999

Hey guys,

A while back we got on the subject of intolerence to high fiber foods. As fruits and veggies are such an important part of our diet and health, many of us with fiber intolerence lack the nutritional benefits of both of these. The pain in the bowels after eating these foods had caused me to remove them almost entirely from my diet. So I have bought a juicer and started extracting the juice from many different fruits and veggies that I had not eaten for many years. So far the results have been good (no pain and I had seen an increase in my energy level) and I have been able to tolerate carrots, spinach, celery, oranges, apples and peaches and hope to add more. Juicing is not for everyone as you will retain the nutrients from the fruit when you drink the juice, but you do remove almost all of the fiber and for most people and those with IBS this would not be healthy. Also the juice is certainly not calorie free, and if you have blood sugar problems you would need to watch what you drink. But for those of us with a tendancy towards obstructions (from adhesions or other diseases) it might be a viable option to add back some vitamins as well as some variety to our diets. Just a thought. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend. Ginny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: