Re: BREATHING-Diaphragm adhesions

Tue Nov 2 15:09:20 1999

At Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Ellen wrote: >
>Just wondering if anyone here have adhesions that involve the diaphragm,
>affecting breathing? Thanks.

Yes, Ellen, I do! The last surgery, 11 years ago revealed that adhesions had reached as high as the spleen. Within weeks I knew that they were back again but I could not find anyone to help me. During the first week of September I had a flare up with the pain centralizing around my diaphragm/ribcage and just below. Deep breathing is definitely affected. I was working out at my health club and began to notice that although I did not FEEL winded...my breathing was not coordinated with my exertion! I was trying to get a breath in and at the same time my lungs felt like they were in the process of expelling! The pain was very similar to the stabbing, twisting pain of pelvic adhesions. I had always struggled with them during the past years, but this was definitely some kind of a flare up. Around that time I found this forum and began searching for information. Helen...knowledgable and encouraging, might I add...was very helpful in sending info to me via email and this message board. In particular, she sent something to do with adhesions of the diaphragm! They are only found in people who have had a particular kind of infection. Neither of the two mentioned sounded at all familiar but I am determined to research my medical records for relative information. I am sure when she reads your post she will send you the same link. I would welcome hearing how you are feeling and what your doctors feel is appropriate medical treatment. Pain is one category, but when adhesions start to mess with my ability to breath...I get very concerned. It is a very frightening thing to have something in our bodies trying to interfere with our being able to take breath in. I also noticed that if I was at rest and NOT concentrating on the problem...it did not bother me as much. As soon as I focused on the restriction of my diaphragm...my breathing became more difficult. Please write me via email if you would like also- meg132@twcny.rr.com

--
Merri Ellen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: