Re[2]: What do I do now?

Tue Nov 23 07:50:28 1999

Gina,

I still haven't been able to figure that one out. I guess it stems from the fact that my ob/gyn said that she couldn't find my right ovary, and she thinks there may be remnants of it floating around. My FSH tested positive even supposedly without ovaries.

Laura

____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: What do I do now? ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Author: <adhesions@obgyn.net> Date: 11/23/99 8:13 AM

Hi, Wow, I am sorry to hear of all you have been through! I don't have any answers for you. I am just one of many like you who are adhesion prone, and I'm waiting for the intergel to become available before I do anything about my adhesions which cause me some pain but it's bearable so far. My bowels have been affected by past and present adhesions as well but nowhere near the extent of most people on this board. So I guess sometimes I say to myself "Well it's not that bad for me yet so I can wait longer". For me, having more surgery without a guarantee of success isn't an option since every surgery I have including Laps, cause more adhesions and more complications & pain. I'm not a patient person but I think I'll save myself the additional torture and wait awhile before I let them open me up again (it's been 2 months since my last surgery). I know for a fact when I am opened again it will be just to remove adhesions as mine have grown back in pelvic and abdominal areas and reformed on bowels. I feel the pulling and pain when having sex, when exercising, pretty much anytime I move. Just sitting here right now I can feel some in my right pelvic and hip area, and upper right abdomen, and lower left abdomen. I also can tell I reformed the one they removed from the top of my vagina that was attached to my abdominal wall somehow (I can feel it move when I have sex). I was rediagnosed with adhesions about 2 or 3 weeks after my last surgery :( I have a question--how did you get an ovarian cyst after having both your ovaries removed??? Hugs, Gina

At Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Laura wrote: >
>Apparently, adhesions are nothing new. I'm one of those considering
>something drastic because no one seems to be able to help. Long story
>short:
>6/97 hysterectomy and left oophorectomy for severe endometriosis
>8/97 right oopherectomy with appendectomy (ob/gyn said she "couldn't
>find my ovary" it was already enveloped in a mass that included my
>appendix.
>4/98 removal of softball-sized pelvic mass that they call an ovarian
>cyst; half-way through 6 week hospitalization, developed small bowel
>obstruction, removed 24 inches of sb, redeveloped ileus
>12/98 removal of diverticulum that had developed from side-to side
>anastamosis (attached to stomach) and another ileus. Ten days after
>discharge, severe pain redeveloped inpatient 2 days, on 4 weeks TPN
>therapy at home.
>11/99 readmitted for partial small bowel obstruction (5 days) Two weeks
>after discharge, another partial obstruction. Surgeon states this will
>be an ongoing problem prescribes Bentyl then Levsin. No relief.
>
>The pain is getting progressively worse. My abdomen is distending as I
>am writing this. Everyone says that I am overproducing scar tissue and
>adhesions, and there is nothing they can do. I can't live like this
>anymore

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: