Re: barium enema

Wed Nov 24 07:55:30 1999

I don't know if I should even bother to describe my experience. I fear we're scaring her to death here! I will say after it was over I told the doc I'd rather die of colon cancer than go through another barium enema. Of course I have since changed my mind, but luckily haven't had to have another one yet. I had problems holding the stuff in. They blew a balloon up inside me trying to help me hold it. What they didn't tell me is they ran out of xray films and were running all over trying to find more in the middle of the procedure, so no wonder I was having problems holding it--they had that stuff in my over an hour!!! Of course I lost it and embarrassed myself and was really angry at them when I found out what happened and that it was normal for it to take that long. Other than it taking forever and the end result of embarrassment the actual barium enema wasn't painful or even that uncomfortable. They didn't give me anything--never heard of them giving any kind of anesthetic or relaxant. My results were negative! No cancer :) Gina

At Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Rhonda R. White wrote: >
>I had this and it was horrible for me. Although it's never pleasant for
>anyone, my colon is extremely twisted (no one's been able to explain why, only
>that it's so). They gave me no anesthetic and I was nearly hysterical by the
>time it was over. Again, I know several people who've had it and no one seemed
>to react to it as I did. Good luck with your procedure.
>
>Sharonda Moore wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had this (taking pictures of your colon)? Did they give you some
>> type of anesthesia or relaxant?
>>
>> Sharonda
>>
>> >
>>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: