Having a bad week

Mon Nov 29 14:45:17 1999

Hi everyone, Well I'm definitely having a bad week with the pain and frustrations of not being able to take pain meds because I have a stomach ulcer too (which also isn't getting any relief from the meds they gave me). I posted about my back pain/problems a couple weeks ago, those are getting worse either because of or despite physical therapy. I had a low back spine xray done by a chiropractor last week and they found some serious abnormalities and sent me back for more detailed xrays on Fri., tomorrow I will go over the results of those with the chiro & also my new PCP. I have been told by both the chiro and now today my PT, I can't be treated until the abnormality is proved or disproved since they could permanently injure me by continuing to treat me. So now I don't even get the feel good stuff from PT sessions. Even massage therapy is out til they know for sure what's going on. It appears the left side of my L-5 vertabrae is GONE! Either disintegrated from osteoporosis or degenerative disc disease or something else. My spine is also in a V shape in my lower back instead of a nice gentle S. One leg is 3/4" longer than the other. I can't stand up straight at all, can't sit down without pain, muscle relaxers are all I can take and they aren't working at all. I have a ton of narcotic pain pills I can't take due to stomach but I am getting desperate. I can't take ibuprofen (that's what caused the ulcer), aspirin or even tylenol (liver damage). I am so depressed because I'm in so much pain and have no answers as to why, nor any relief! At least you all can take pain pills to dull some of the pain. I am getting desperate and want to just cry and scream out my frustrations. I'm having severe abdominal and pelvic pain, my left thigh numb and tingly, my lower back, mid-back (torn muscle) & neck hurt, my bowels aren't moving right STILL after 10 weeks (post-op), I almost throw up every time I eat--feel alot of pain, nausea and pressure when I eat. I'm a mess. I guess I feel like I should be better by now, you know? It's been 2 & 1/2 months since my last LAP surgery to remove ovaries and tubes & massive adhesions in upper right quadrant (wouldn't you know I have had pain there since the 1st week after surgery). I can't stand the sight of my fat flabby body yet I can't exercise because it kills me (tears muscles, hurts abdomen, hurts back, etc). Thanks for letting me rant. I'll stop here before I end up causing a mass suicide. LOL Maybe I need an anti-depressant to get me through this too. Gina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: