Re: Adhesions/Gall Bladder...I Need Some Advice

Fri Dec 3 14:24:12 1999

Hello to you all. Thanks for the reply messages. I feel like a little kid waking up on Christmas morning, because I'm so anxious to see what I have received in the e-mail from all of you. I did question the SSI about how working another year would affect my disability, and was told that either way, I was not going to get ANY benefits unless I did work for another year. I was a housewife too long (but enjoyed every minute of it), and did not start working until I had been in college for 2 years. I would like to go back to college eventually to get my master's degree, but with the pain, I am scared to start anything. I do not look forward to having to be "cooped" up in the house because of pain. I am definitely not one to sit around. I am on the go constantly, until pain puts me down for several days. I will say that I feel I am learning to cope with the pain better. I pull my pieces together, and get up and go. I realize this is impossible for some of you guys out there, and my heart goes out to you. I am not bed-ridden, and am still functioning at about a 70% level of normal activity. Today I facilitated a very important Government test for over 10 students, and felt more in control of my sleepiness, and grogginess. I was able to hold off on the yawning through the morning, until about 1:00 p.m. (I think that was mainly due to my going to bed at 12:30, and getting up at 5:50. I am doing pretty good today otherwise. I will keep you all informed. Dr. Semertzides has tried to call me 3 times in the last 2 days, and I have missed all of his calls. He told me he would try next week, after 6 p.m. He is the most pleasant doctor, I have ever spoken with. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks, Kim Hickey -----Original Message----- From: Gina <gina@maine.rr.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@talk.obgyn.net> Date: Friday, December 03, 1999 7:06 AM Subject: Re: Adhesions/Gall Bladder...I Need Some Advice

>I have to wonder, are they making you work another year so they can
>prove you DON'T have a problem (at least in their opinion based on the
>fact you were able to work another year with the disability!)??? It
>sounds like a set-up to me :(
>Gina
>
>PS: I too do many things despite pain, which makes people think I am Ok
>and not hurting. I have to explain sometimes that I am in agony but
>choose to LIVE and DO things despite the pain. Just some days are worse
>than others.
>
>>>From: "Sue Ann Murray" <murraysa@penn.com>
>>>Reply-To: adhesions@obgyn.net
>>>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@talk.obgyn.net>
>>>Subject: Re: Adhesions/Gall Bladder...I Need Some Advice
>>>Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:37:53 -0600
>>>
>>> > ... I will let you all know how I am doing with my pain, and the new
>>>pain
>>> >killers (Vioxx-25mg.), after a few more days of taking it. They seem
to >>> >take the edge off, and yet allow me to be somewhat intelligent on my
job. >>>I
>>> >do find that I get very sleepy during the afternoon, but I guess most
>>>people
>>> >do, and I may not be abnormal....
>>>
>>>Kim, I don't have much advice to offer, except I can confirm that most
>>>people do get sleepier in the afternoon. I think it's when your body
>>>temperature is at its highest or something like that. I gave up studying
>>>when I was in school for late afternoons because I would always fall
>>>asleep.
>>>Something active I could do, but not read or anything like that. So you
>>>are
>>>not abnormal. And knowing a couple of people who work for Social
Security, >>>the only thing I can add is that they tell me that the more documentation
>>>they have, the better and easier it will be.
>>>
>>>Good luck!
>>>
>>>Sue Ann
>>>
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: