Re: [2]: [2]: Bad day

Mon Dec 13 14:09:43 1999

Laura,

No, I have not heard of Dr. Johnson Thistle, who is at the Mayo Clinic. When is your appointment for? I can tell you this that, unless you are having an emergency bowel obstruction, the only help you will get for your adhesions is the suggestion of going to a pain clinic. This is what I was told January 1998.

I had been to the Mayo Clinic 6 times over a span of 27 years. In 1981 I submitted to 4 different kinds of nerve blocks at their pain clinic - and I got absolutely no help for my chronic pain. After receiving no relief from pain, I was told that they couldn't help me.

Laura, you could go to a doctor in Wayzata, who is a member of the International Pelvic Pain Society, for pain management - at less cost to you!!

I have been checking some of the web sites, which have information about prescription drugs; and I took a chance and addressed this information to: adhesions@adhesions.org. I wanted you to know that at the Healthtouch.com web site, one of the side-effects of Paxil is: "trouble sleeping." Could this explain why you are having trouble sleeping?

- - - - - - - -

At Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Laura A Johnsrud wrote: >
>I have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic with Dr. Johnson Thistle. Have you
>heard of him?

--
The 15th century proverb which summarizes the purpose of medicine is:
* To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always. *

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: