Re: Doctors are jerks, LOL

Wed Dec 15 08:08:08 1999

I agree, it isn't fair. I guess the only thing you can do is write a letter of complaint to his governing board. If he works with a certain hospital, write a letter of complaint to the director. I have done this before and actually a Dr. got "fired" from a hospital for his mis-treatment of me once, just because I took the steps to complain in writing with facts and copies of reports to back up the complaint.

It is frustrating to be sure, but at least I felt I could do something about it. I hated being a victim and feeling helpless. (Just in case you're curious, the reason the doc got fired is because I presented to him at the hospital ER (which had policies about treating people free) with a broken bone and because I had no insurance he refused to cast it and instead put cotton balls between my toes and bandaids to hold them together. I ended up having to go to another doc, have it set and casted and it took longer to heal).

--
Gina

At Sun, 12 Dec 1999, djberes wrote: > >I though so but we saw a lawyer and they looked at by recoreds and the >doctor did follow the reqired procedures. There weere several areas that a >doctor with more skill made of done things differently but he still stayed >within narrow the guidelines. We can't prove what he did cause athe >adhesions. So he gets off and I suffered and stuck with all the bills for >doctors and medicine. It just doesn't feel fair. > >At 11:16 AM 12/11/1999 -0600, you wrote: >>Sounds to me like you might have a lawsuit???! Especially if >>his carelessness during surgery caused you to get new adhesions and >>cause you to need new surgery or affect your quality of life. >>Unfortunately you can't "prove" you have new adhesions from his >>carelessness without being opened again, and getting another doctor to >>say that's what is it from. >>I feel for you, and for all of us actually. >>Gina >> >>At Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Darlene wrote: >>> >>>I agree. I had a surgeon that was a jerk and lier,too. >>>Why do they have to Lie? >>>I went in for a viginal hys., lost 8 units of blood and had to be cut >>>open to stop the bleeding. The dr. told us he did not know what cause >>>a the bleeding, put I was better than before surgery. In the medical >>>reports he stated that he nicked an artery. Why couldn't he of told us >>>the truth. I went thought the ceiling when I read it!! I'm learning now >>>I didn't have a great surgeon like a thought. They left blood in me >>>after surgery. When I stood up the first time 24 hours after surgery >>>blood poured out of me. It must of been pints. I was told by the nurse >>>this was normally. Now , I am leaarning this extra blood after surgery >>>helps the adhesions to grow. Now I'm in pain for the rest on my life >>>because of this jerk. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with >>>these problems. Thanks for listening. >>> >>>At Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Gina wrote: >>>> >>>>Hi All, >>>>Well this takes the cake. I mean I already hate the gyn who did my >>>>surgeries anyway, he's been a total a$$ to me throughout the several >>>>months I was forced to deal with him because he did my surgeries. He's >>>>a good surgeon, he is just a horrible gyn doctor. >>>> >>>>Anyway, after my last surgery 9/15/99 for a BSO and adhesiolysis, within >>>>days and weeks later I was in severe pain and this gyn had the nerve to >>>>tell me: I had new adhesions, and I'd just have to live with chronic >>>>pain the rest of my life. I of course was furious that he had given up >>>>on me so soon after surgery, and I was upset at not being warned that >>>>new adhesions were a risk of surgery (to this day adhesions are NOT >>>>listed as a risk of surgery on the release forms and it should be >>>>there!)--this was before I knew what adhesions were. >>>> >>>>I got copies of my medical records from his office 2 days ago. I can't >>>>even read them because it makes me too angry--all I read was the 1st >>>>page and I have been in a rage ever since. This gyn wrote on his report >>>>"Doubt adhesions"! >>>>This is the same guy who Dx me with new adhesions to my face, 2 weeks >>>>after my last surgery. He's the same guy who had to remove NEW >>>>adhesions that had formed in the 4 weeks between the 2 surgeries he did, >>>>both laps. Now he WRITES "doubt adhesions"???! I don't get it. >>>> >>>>Why would he say one thing, and write another? When in fact my hospital >>>>records prove I grew new adhesions between surgeries (within 4 weeks) >>>>and had those new ones removed? >>>> >>>>Grrrrrrrrr! Just venting. Dr. Donald Wiper, Portland Maine. >>>>Great guy huh? NOT! >>>>Gina >>> >>>-- >>>Darlene >>> >Darlene M. Beres

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: