Update

Tue Dec 21 17:40:42 1999

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a couple weeks because I am not too sure of what is going on with me. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and unfortunatly the pain has returned.I was feeling really good for 3 weeks and asked to be taken off of the Methadone, which I started weening from last Monday. By Tuesday evening I was having increasing pain,on Thursday the pain was so bad it hurt to walk.And on top of the pain I am having problems coming off of the methadone,nausea, body aches, light headed you name it I feel it .Totally rotten .And because I have not been given any estrogen therepy I am having horrible migraines ,hot flashes and I am not sleeping well at all. I talked to my pain management Dr. on Friday and he told me that the first thing that has to be done is to get completely off of the methadone. And then he will probably have to prescribe a different pain medication. Today was the first day I was with no methadone. In place of the methadone I am taking 1200 mgs. darvocet 4 times a day to help with the withdrawel symptoms.THis does not touch the pain at all. I am sooo frustrated at all of this. My Gyn told me that he left a endometrial lesion on the bowel for fear of doing any injury to it. The pain management Dr. is going to talk to a G I surgeon to see if this could be the problem.I go for my post op appointment tomorrow and fear that the Dr. is going to tell me that there is nothing more that he can do for me. I saw my PCP Last Friday for the migraines and he told me that when a Dr. tells me that there is nothing more that he can do for me then it is time to find a different Dr.. I believe that he was telling me this because of the note that he received from my gyn. He told my PCP that this surgery was the last one that he would do on me. It is so frustrating when you think that things are looking up only to be knocked down again. I know all of you understand exactally the way I am feeling.My Gyn told me that there were no adhesions but on the pathology report it said the pre op diagnosis was adhesions and the post op was the same. something I need to question the Dr. on. Sorry for this being so long . "FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" Peggy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: