Re: update

Thu Dec 23 11:14:47 1999

Helen, Laura N. here and I just wanted to say that I have printed out this e-mail and am mailing it with the highlighted: "doctor has been able to successfully qualify her for what is know as "compassionate use" of Intergel - in other words, the use of Intergel during a surgical procedure before the FDA has given its approval to the use of this adhesion barrier. Depending on the severity of your pain, this may be an option for you." so that he may decide if he would be willing to give me the surgery using the product. If he doesn't want to do it even after checking out this information for himself, I just simply will start looking around for another surgeon who will. This may just be the "light at the end of the tunnel" for me!!! I know it is always wise not to anticipate success, however, considering the fact that most of the time we have very little to be hopeful about anything so I say I get my hopefulness, certainty and down-right happy about ANYTHING that might work and give my poor body a chance to get back on the road and out of the stickerbryers!!!! Those of you have the pain SEVERELY will understand where I am going with this.

Sorry I got so carried away. Every time I answer, its seems as though I talk forever -- I will try to be mindful about this. Anyway, everyone please have a joyous Christmas -- after all, Jesus was born that day (or so we have been taught and accepted by me and my family) so whatever your race/affiliation happens to be, may today be the start of thanking God for His son, for the fact that we are still alive, our families are beside us with our backs to the wind, some are able to get up to go work, and the knowing that all of our suffering will not be wasted (although I would like it if he would give us a healing today) because He is keeping us close to Him and He knows what we need, we just have to wait on Him to give it to us. Who knows, maybe that is what Intergel may be for. Pray everyone, that it is!

May the Lord watch between me and thee, while we are absent, one from the other, Amen.

Love you all, Laura Newman

> -----Original Message-----
> From: olddad66@runestone.net [SMTP:olddad66@runestone.net]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 4:26 PM
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Subject: Re: update
>
> Laura,
> I am sorry to hear that the Wayzata doctor was of no help for you!! As a
> member of the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) his treatment of
> your situation does not speak well of his membership in the IPPS;
> however,I don't think that a person should judge the entire IPPS in a
> negative way because of the way this one doctor handled your case.
>
> I assume that you are not finished with your work-up at the Mayo Clinic.
> Let us know what the final results of your examination are, will you?
>
> I know of one lady from the metropolitan area whose doctor has been able
> to successfully qualify her for what is know as "compassionate use" of
> Intergel - in other words, the use of Intergel during a surgical
> procedure before the FDA has given its approval to the use of this
> adhesion barrier. Depending on the severity of your pain, this may be
> an option for you.
>
> Hopefully, you will at least be prescribed medication for pain relief as
> a result of your Mayo Clinic examination.
>
> - - - - - - -
>
> At Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Laura wrote:
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Thought I would let everyone know how the doctor visits have been the
> >past few days. Friday and Tuesday I spent 8 hours getting evaluated by
> >the "experts" at Mayo. Eight more hours to come tomorrow. I've had
> >some pretty horrifying tests with little in the way of results. I saw
> >the IPPS doc in Wayzata on Monday and that was more than useless. He
> >basically told me that he doesn't know what to do and all he would
> >suggest is to stop taking my estrogen supplement for 3-6 months to see
> >if that helps the pain. I think I've lost the little remaining bit of
> >hope I had for a Christmas miracle.
> >
> >Thanks for everyone's help, any way. Happy Holidays.
> >
> >--
> >Laura J
> >
> >--
> >Laura Johnsrud
> >Savage, MN
> >
>
> --
> The 15th century proverb which summarizes the purpose of medicine is:
> * To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always. *
>

This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: