Re: new to forum..Ginni &Janet

Thu Feb 3 10:24:15 2000

Hi Girls, I just wanted to let you know that I contacted the doctor doing my surgery (hopefully within the next 10 days) and he told me that if a bowel resection was needed he could clear the area of adhesions and do the resection through the laparascope. That made me feel much better. He told me that it would be the worst possible scenario to be cut open after all the progress we have made with the laparascopic approach. When I see the adhesions on my videos I don't know how they can see past them but when you get to the end of the video and it is all cleared away it is amazing and you can see all your organs. There are doctors out there that have the skill to do the surgeries. Don't stay with one just because you know him. Research and find the best available doctor for you. It took me years and at least 14 doctors to get where I am today, hopeful. I do know your pain and if it did not affect my bowels I do not think I would have the surgery. I feel I have no choice. Have you tried the Pain Management Centers? I see a lot of letters where people are finding relief with certain meds. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. My thoughts are with you. Ginni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: