Re: surgery vs no surgery

Mon Feb 14 15:07:43 2000

Hi Helen, Bev, Janet, both Karlas, and gang,

I again apologize for taking so long to respond back. I have had to be away from my computer for a few days. When I checked my e-mail today, I must say, i was pleasantly suprised with the response my last e-mail about surgery vs no surgery generated. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and support.

It is amazing how our stories so closely parallel. I have had to come full circle with this issue. I got to the point where I didn't care if I died on the OR table or not. Well, my husband, family did care. When I finally did recover from my "near death experience" I realized the toil all of these surgeries were having not only just me, but those that love me. I had to learn the hard way that surgery was only a "quick fix" for me, that wouldn't last.

Please understand, I am just relating what I have been through, and where that life journey has brought me. Had anyone told me not to have surgery, I don't know that I would have listened because I was so desperate. I just hope that my experience will help others see that surgery isn't the only option.

That is why this group exists - to share our experiences - what works, what hasn't, to offer encouragement and support. I just want to let others know that surgery isn't aways the answer. I know it has helped some, and I am so thankful for them and wish it was true in my case as well.

sending my love and prayers on this Valentine's Day!

Tina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: